Moody Audio now has 5 newly discovered Ranger Bill stories!!! Three of those stories are two episodes long, so they are 1-hour long stories! I believe that none of these new-found shows has been aired in over 40 years! I've already mentioned "The Spirits and the Spirit." I have just learned about the other three stories. All these shows are available at Moody Audio's web site (www.moodyaudio.com). Enter "Ranger Bill" in the search box at the top of the Moody Audio home page to find the Ranger Bill order form. If you don't see a link to the form on your first results page, click to the second or third page to see Ranger Bill stories and CD sets.
Here are story descriptions for all four stories:
1. The Town That Wouldn't Move - (1 episode story) - The town of Big Rock must be moved to make way for a new hydro-electric dam. The government has made the townspeople fair offers for their lands and homes. The entire town refuses to leave and is ready to resort to violence to keep their property. Bill is asked to mediate the dispute.
2. The Church at Bent Creek (2 episodes) - A young pastor and his wife move to the little town of Bent Creek to restart an abandoned church there. No one will go to the church because folks think it is haunted by ghosts. At times the church organ plays by itself, strange noises are heard, and the church lights blink wildly. Bill and Stumpy can find no explanation except ghosts.
3. Muscle and Prayer (2 episodes) - Big, strong Frenchy DeSalle is scared to death when he finds some animals crushed to death. He knows it is Boris "The Bear," the man who killed Frenchy's father when he was a boy. Frenchy scarred Boris then. Boris has been looking for Frenchy ever since.
4. One Million Years Ago (1 episode) - A scientist Mr. Conrad Vlandingham and his assistant Morgan are in the Bad Lands, supposedly digging for dinosaur bones. They are the only people in the valley who didn't see live dinosaurs wandering in the valley at night.
5. The Spirits and the Spirit (2 episodes) - Bill and Stumpy take a vacation to South Amercia to see an abandoned Portuguese fort lost in the jungle near the Amazon River. The local residents fear the fort. They believe that the ghosts of the dead soldiers killed by slaves haunt the fort.