Ranger Headquarters

Ranger Headquarters
Big Pine National Forest, Knotty Pine

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Knotty Pine GAZETTE - Gift for Ranger Gray Wolf

Blackfeet Coming to Ranger Headquarters

Gray Wolf, son of Black Wolf, is a Dakota Indian. He and Ranger Bill Jefferson, along with others from Knotty Pine Church have been feeding and clothing the poor and sharing the gospel on short-term mission trips to Gray Wolf's home village. Their work has brought several members of Gray Wolf's tribe to Christ. Word about Gray Wolf has reached other tribes. College students from various tribes have contacted Gray Wolf asking about Jesus.

One new convert to Christ from Gray Wolf's work is Alan Beaver, son of Blackfoot Chief Great Beaver. Alan told the GAZETTE, "I heard Gray Wolf teach about people like Rahab and Ruth. These women were foreigners and were welcomed into God's people by faith and even became part of Jesus' family line. I wanted this kind of God in my life, and I became a Christian."

"I wanted to show Gray Wolf my thanks for sharing the gospel with me. But, I wasn't sure how to do that."

"Later I heard another ranger there with Gray Wolf, Roxanne McGuire, read from the New Testament book of second Corinthians. It said that 'we have this treasure (about Jesus) in earthen vessels', that is jars of clay. That's when I remembered an old clay jar that has been in my family for many, many years. I want to give that jar to Gray Wolf. It may mean even more to him than it does to my family."

Mr. Beaver wants to present his gift to Gray Wolf at Ranger Headquarters here in Knotty Pine to thank and honor him for his work. Mr. Beaver and two others from his Blackfoot tribe should arrive sometime this week. A group from Gray Wolf's tribe will join Alan for the gift presentation at Ranger Headquarters.

No comments: