Ranger Headquarters

Ranger Headquarters
Big Pine National Forest, Knotty Pine

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stumpy "Chilkoot" Jenkins

My name is Chilkoot. I come from the southeast part of Alaskee. I'm what you call a mountain man. I've been a hunter and a trapper, a wilderness guide, and even an explorer. I've hunted all kind of fur barin' critters - bears, beavers, foxes, wolverines, and more. I've hunted and trapped all the way from Alaskee to Canada and down to Californee.I've got more stories about mountain men than you can shake a stick at! I thought I might share a few of those stories with you from time to time. For a starter, how 'bout a story about a mountain man with a terrible scar. He's a Christian. And he left us a mystery to solve. I'll tell you more in my next post.
(note: I will be posting some Chilkoot stories here and on our Facebook pages. I hope you will enjoy these stories.)

No comments: