Ranger Headquarters

Ranger Headquarters
Big Pine National Forest, Knotty Pine

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Greetings from Ed "Gray Wolf" Ronne, Sr.

The following is a note I recently received from Ed Ronne that I thought you would enjoy:

Hi Dave,
I can help you out a little about Walter Carlson. Yes, Walter was the announcer on Ranger Bill for most of the time when I was on the show. Walter was my supervisor at the station. He also read the news. I, also read many newscasts during the day. For seven years I also was the host of the "Music Room", a one- hour classical music program. I cannot remember the names of other parts that Walter played on the show, but they were many. The organist was Ralph Colburn. I saw him last year during our Ranger Bill reunion at WMBI. Hope this helps. Give your fans a special "Happy New Year" from GrayWolf and may you and your family have a most blessed New Year!
Warm greetings, Ed Ronne, Sr.
P.S. I was not the first "Gray Wolf" on Ranger Bill. Bill Pearce, the soloist and excellent trombone player, was "Gray Wolf" before I came along.

No comments: